NOTE: This packet is included with each set of 200+ planks at KEVAplanks.com.
Idea Cards are heavy duty instructional companions to each of our KEVA sets. Orignially designed for educator's they provide endless ideas for individuals as well as groups and leaders.
Some people prefer to build entirely with their imagination, inspired by things they have seen in the world around them. Other people prefer to see a few built out KEVA projects before digging into their own builds. Our idea cards provide some scope for the kinds of projects anyone can build with KEVA.
Our Teacher Reference Cards are the shortest educator's manual you've ever seen (probably). With very little reading required for you, we lay out prompts you can use with a wide variety of subjects, students, and age groups to teach your material and watch your students blossom as they work together.
Each card is different and packed with ideas to inspire your class in their exploration of KEVA planks!
Select a row below to filter reviews.
4 Stars Clear Filter ×
I received all the items I requested. The customer support was fantastic. They were able to answer all my questions. They also shipped this order in a timely manner. Thank you
Easy to keep track of
What comes with each set?
The support materials (instructions) these sets come with are identical, the biggest difference is the storage container. The wooden rolling bin is the only option for 1000 pieces and the 800 piece set has 3 options: canvas bags, plastic tubs, or smaller drawstring bags. The number of KEVA Balls that come with a set is directly related to the number of planks in the set (more planks --> more balls).
How many planks do you need?
The short answer is, the more the better. People usually wish they had more. People build until they run out of KEVA planks so if several people are building at one time, they'll run out of planks sooner.
- 200 Planks are great for 1-2 builders and provides enough planks to build lots of super cool projects.
- 400 Planks is great for 1-4 builders and allows bigger projects with longer creative time before builders need to start over.
- 800 Planks are great for families and people who love to build. Several people can build together and projects have time to evolve and become spectacular.
- 1,000 Planks is our biggest set for the biggest projects and unhindered creativity. Everyone can join the activity. There are super-fans with 5,000+ planks which makes for the largest personal projects we've seen.
KEVA Home projects exclusively come with maple planks. Maple is a hardwood that resists finger oils and can stand up to heavy use for years without degrading the stacking quality or beauty. Pine KEVA planks work just like maple KEVA planks but the wood is a little softer and therefore less durable. Pine planks cost less than maple and are imported.
KEVA planks is a small, family owned business nestled in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. We are a family of educators, inventors, and social workers. Ken, the founder, saw the educational possibilities with simple building blocks and started the company with a mission to bring families closer together and inspire the creative spirit in people of all ages.
- Our plant creates jobs in America and upholds tight quality requirements. Poor quality knock-offs wobble and cause frustration.
- We are Veteran owned and led by a dad and daughters team.
- Maple trees that grow in the cold environment of Maine have an exceptionally tight grain that makes KEVA planks extra tough and warp free.
- KEVA Planks are all natural - nothing but wood with no coatings. Totally recyclable.