People of all ages enjoy playing with KEVA planks - children never outgrow them and adults enjoy them just as much as kids. Hardwood maple is super durable, so your planks will look beautiful and stack perfectly for a lifetime. They won't wear down even when you play with them all day, every day. This set is great for builders who want to make bigger projects, or for several people building at once. You’ll never regret having 800 planks.
Unleash creative sculpting freedom and hours of original ideas with 800 all natural, premium maple KEVA Planks.
Each large canvas tote holds 400 planks and weighs 16 pounds when full, so you can carry it to your favorite building spot. Heavy duty 20 oz cotton is stiff enough to keep the bag open like a bucket for easy access and quick cleanup.
The tote's simple, classic design looks great with virtually any style of home decoration, so you can keep them out to remind you to play regularly. The handles are sewn the entire height of the sides to maximize durability. Even the inside seams are finished so the fabric won't fray.
Ever want to toss your planks in the car to take to the grandparent's or a friend's house or on vacation? We've combined the benefits of beautiful designer canvas totes with the practicality of a clever drawstring closure to make your KEVA experience a little more convenient. The bag is fitted with a nifty hidden drawstring lining. It tucks out of the way for every-day play, but you can untuck it, pull it tight, and travel easy knowing your planks won't spill.
With 800 planks, several people can build together. Inspire collaboration and practice engineering at the same time. Engaging projects make hands-on learning, creating, and experimenting an everyday event.
Maple KEVA planks are proudly made in the U.S.A.
1 Bag with planks weighs 16 lbs.
Total: 32 lbs.
Each bag: 9.5 in. x 10 in. x 13 in.
Recommended for ages 7 and up. WARNING: Choking hazard. Toy contains a small ball. Not for children under 3 years.
Select a row below to filter reviews.
4 Stars Clear Filter ×
Love them, I keep them under my coffee table
We keep them ready at any minute right underneath our coffee table. It's nice that the canvas bag works with our living room. The planks are great for doing something creative and relaxing after a day of work
smart and creative
What comes with each set?
The support materials (instructions) these sets come with are identical, the biggest difference is the storage container. The wooden rolling bin is the only option for 1000 pieces and the 800 piece set has 3 options: canvas bags, plastic tubs, or smaller drawstring bags. The number of KEVA Balls that come with a set is directly related to the number of planks in the set (more planks --> more balls).
How many planks do you need?
The short answer is, the more the better. People usually wish they had more. People build until they run out of KEVA planks so if several people are building at one time, they'll run out of planks sooner.
- 200 Planks are great for 1-2 builders and provides enough planks to build lots of super cool projects.
- 400 Planks is great for 1-4 builders and allows bigger projects with longer creative time before builders need to start over.
- 800 Planks are great for families and people who love to build. Several people can build together and projects have time to evolve and become spectacular.
- 1,000 Planks is our biggest set for the biggest projects and unhindered creativity. Everyone can join the activity. There are super-fans with 5,000+ planks which makes for the largest personal projects we've seen.
KEVA Home projects exclusively come with maple planks. Maple is a hardwood that resists finger oils and can stand up to heavy use for years without degrading the stacking quality or beauty. Pine KEVA planks work just like maple KEVA planks but the wood is a little softer and therefore less durable. Pine planks cost less than maple and are imported.
KEVA planks is a small, family owned business nestled in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. We are a family of educators, inventors, and social workers. Ken, the founder, saw the educational possibilities with simple building blocks and started the company with a mission to bring families closer together and inspire the creative spirit in people of all ages.
- Our plant creates jobs in America and upholds tight quality requirements. Poor quality knock-offs wobble and cause frustration.
- We are Veteran owned and led by a dad and daughters team.
- Maple trees that grow in the cold environment of Maine have an exceptionally tight grain that makes KEVA planks extra tough and warp free.
- KEVA Planks are all natural - nothing but wood with no coatings. Totally recyclable.