Select a row below to filter reviews.
4 Stars Clear Filter ×
We first saw these planks at the children's museum where my kids played with them for well over an hour during our visit. When we received this set they immediately remembered playing with them and jumped right into building. They have built houses, bridges, cities you name it. The possibilities are endless! Great product for all ages!
What comes with each set?
This set includes 40 planks, an idea book, and carrying case. Larger sets have different support materials (instructions) from this set. The wooden rolling bin is the only storage option for 1000 pieces and the 800 piece set has 3 options: canvas bags, plastic tubs, or smaller drawstring bags. The number of KEVA Balls that come with a set is directly related to the number of planks in the set (more planks --> more balls).
How many planks do you need?
The short answer is, the more the better. People usually wish they had more. People build until they run out of KEVA planks so if several people are building at one time, they'll run out of planks sooner.
- 40 Planks make a great gift for birthdays, holidays, and housewarmings. Leave them out on the coffee table as an instantly fun activity.
- 200 Planks are great for 1-2 builders and provides enough planks to build lots of super cool projects.
- 400 Planks is great for 1-4 builders and allows bigger projects with longer creative time before builders need to start over.
- 800 Planks are great for families and people who love to build. Several people can build together and projects have time to evolve and become spectacular.
- 1,000 Planks is our biggest set for the biggest projects and unhindered creativity. Everyone can join the activity. There are super-fans with 5,000+ planks which makes for the largest personal projects we've seen.
KEVA Home projects exclusively come with maple planks. Maple is a hardwood that resists finger oils and can stand up to heavy use for years without degrading the stacking quality or beauty. Pine KEVA planks work just like maple KEVA planks but the wood is a little softer and therefore less durable. Pine planks cost less than maple and are imported.
KEVA planks is a small, family owned business nestled in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. We are a family of educators, inventors, and social workers. Ken, the founder, saw the educational possibilities with simple building blocks and started the company with a mission to bring families closer together and inspire the creative spirit in people of all ages.
- Our plant creates jobs in America and upholds tight quality requirements. Poor quality knock-offs wobble and cause frustration.
- We are Veteran owned and led by a dad and daughters team.
- Maple trees that grow in the cold environment of Maine have an exceptionally tight grain that makes KEVA planks extra tough and warp free.
- KEVA Planks are all natural - nothing but wood with no coatings. Totally recyclable.