Available exclusively on KEVAplanks.com
- 1000 Premium Maple KEVA planks
- 2 Branded KEVA Planks
- 70+ page NEW full color premium guidebook with projects, inspiration, and activities
- 10 KEVA balls a small, clear plastic "Really Useful Box"
- 1 Large Wooden DuraFlex Bin. Requires easy assembly with a hammer and Phillips-head screwdriver.
Many planks means many hours of unbridled creativity and design. Enjoy the simple pleasure of exercising your originality with large KEVA planks projects. The 1,000 piece set uses our most premium maple planks to ensure every build has the benefit of precision stacking for years on years. Experience mastery of the wooden medium. Plus, when friends or family visit, you can keep the masses entertained. This set is great for builders who want to make bigger projects, or for several people building at once. You'll never regret having a huge number of KEVA planks in your home as you build memories for a lifetime.
Our NEW premium original guidebook includes 70+ pages building basics, project starters, and inspiration that goes beyond building.
The joy of a successful new creative project is housed in our DuraFlex wood bin. It is one part container, one part furniture. Made in Virginia with high quality maple wood; the layers make the wood extra strong and straight. A poly finish brings out the wood grains and ensures durability. A birch lid is available for separate purchase.
Our unique DuraFlex(TM) construction uses virtually unbreakable nylon dowels that flex but won't break. The heavy duty casters are rated for 360 pounds; a full bin weighs 57 pounds. This over-engineering makes the bin incredibly durable. The casters glides smoothly on carpet and hard floors. The bin ships flat; all you need is a screwdriver and hammer for assembly. Assembly required. Due to the variability of natural wood, some bin panels may have varied coloration.
The crisp corners of hardwood maple mean you can build precise, beautiful, tall structures for a lifetime without the planks losing any stacking quality. Maple planks are the highest quality building block available. The closed-pore wood keeps fingerprints at bay.
- Large, open top makes it easy to toss planks in for cleanup
- Easy to roll, even for youngsters
- Compact storage for a lot of planks
- The Birch DuraFlex Bin and Maple KEVA Planks are proudly made in the USA.
57 lbs. Ships in two (2) boxes.
17 in. x 17 in. x 19.25 in. with wheels
17 in. x 17 in. x 17 in. without wheels
Recommended for ages 7 and up. WARNING: Choking hazard. Toy contains a small ball. Not for children under 3 years.
Select a row below to filter reviews.
4 Stars Clear Filter ×
My Most Used Classroom Tool!
This bin is beautiful and easy to wheel from classroom to classroom. And the maple planks are so crisp, clean, and have a beautiful color. I highly recommend having as many planks as possible in order to build impressive structures! My students build a new roller coaster design almost every day. I use them as a tool in almost every subject. Can't recommend KEVA Planks enough!
You'll want a lot of planks
I think people underestimate the number of planks they might want. This bin holds a lot of blocks and rolls easily, and having this many planks gets the kids really excited to push their limits.
My four kids loved it, my wife and I too !!
Bought these for the "children" in my life
My husband and daughter have loved these planks for years. Whenever we encounter them, they feel they need to compete to see who can build the best structure. So I'm super excited to have these blocks at home now. I love that these are made nearby and that I get to support a local business. Quality is superb. Love the family-oriented company.Shannon Koene from Blacksburg on 11/2/2022
Q: What are the dimensions of the planks. Are they different per set choosen
A: Each plank is exactly the same size, regardless of which set you get (even maple versus pine!). The approximate dimensions in inches are 5/16" x 7/8" x 4 5/8"
What comes with each set?
The support materials (instructions) these sets come with are identical, the biggest difference is the storage container. The wooden rolling bin is the only option for 1000 pieces and the 800 piece set has 3 options: canvas bags, plastic tubs, or smaller drawstring bags. The number of KEVA Balls that come with a set is directly related to the number of planks in the set (more planks --> more balls).
How many planks do you need?
The short answer is, the more the better. People usually wish they had more. People build until they run out of KEVA planks so if several people are building at one time, they'll run out of planks sooner.
- 200 Planks are great for 1-2 builders and provides enough planks to build lots of super cool projects.
- 400 Planks is great for 1-4 builders and allows bigger projects with longer creative time before builders need to start over.
- 800 Planks are great for families and people who love to build. Several people can build together and projects have time to evolve and become spectacular.
- 1,000 Planks is our biggest set for the biggest projects and unhindered creativity. Everyone can join the activity. There are super-fans with 5,000+ planks which makes for the largest personal projects we've seen.
KEVA Home projects exclusively come with maple planks. Maple is a hardwood that resists finger oils and can stand up to heavy use for years without degrading the stacking quality or beauty. Pine KEVA planks work just like maple KEVA planks but the wood is a little softer and therefore less durable. Pine planks cost less than maple and are imported.
KEVA planks is a small, family owned business nestled in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. We are a family of educators, inventors, and social workers. Ken, the founder, saw the educational possibilities with simple building blocks and started the company with a mission to bring families closer together and inspire the creative spirit in people of all ages.
- Our plant creates jobs in America and upholds tight quality requirements. Poor quality knock-offs wobble and cause frustration.
- We are Veteran owned and led by a dad and daughters team.
- Maple trees that grow in the cold environment of Maine have an exceptionally tight grain that makes KEVA planks extra tough and warp free.
- KEVA Planks are all natural - nothing but wood with no coatings. Totally recyclable.